PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION (PII)
The information we collect through this website may include information from which you may be personally identified. “Personally Identifiable Information (or “PII”) includes such information as your name, postal address, telephone number, and the like. We may also collect credit card information if you are purchasing products or services.
The most common instance in which you may be required to send PII is when communicating with Bitcoin Market Insider via email or a web-based form used to send information to us.
This website collects PII only with your knowledge.
What We Do With PII
We use PII that we collect on our website for the following purposes:
- To provide you with products and services, such as electronic and print publications and newsletters;
- To respond to your inquiries and contact you about changes regarding this website;
- To provide you with notices regarding your account and the products or services that you are receiving, and for billing and collection purposes;
- To provide you with announcements, promotions and other offers about our products and services, as well as the products and services of others;
- For any other purpose disclosed at the time the information is collected or to which you consent;
We will never intentionally disclose PII to any third party without your permission, except as may be required by law or by court order, to accomplish billing, shipping or customer service for the transaction into which you are entering, to an independent contractor employed by us to carry out or provide support for the operations of our site or our business or under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety or property of our users or ourselves. Bitcoin Market Insider never sells or trades PII to third parties for their own use.
You may “opt-out” of such promotions at any time by following the instructions in the email or by contacting us at: [email protected]
Any opt-out request will be effective only after a reasonable period of time for processing.
Security of PII
While we take reasonable security measures to keep PII confidential, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access will never occur.
NON-PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
We may automatically record a variety of general and non-personally identifiable information from website visitors. We may collect information including but not limited to:
- which web pages you visited,
- the order in which pages were visited,
- which hyperlinks, if any, you “clicked,”
- the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the visitor,
- the type and version of the web browser you are using,
- the operating system in use,
- the size and color resolution of the user’s monitor,
- the user’s connection speed,
- the date and time the site was visited,
- the length of visits to certain pages,
- other non-personally identifiable information, and
- products/services you viewed and/or searched for.
This type of information is sent by your browser every time a request for a web page from our servers is made by your browser (i.e., every time you visit our website). We may also use “cookies” and “clear GIFs” (also known as “pixel tags” or “beacons”). A cookie is a small amount of data that is sent to your browser from a server and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Most browsers allow users to block the receipt of cookies, but doing so may compromise your ability to use certain features of our website. A clear GIF is a small graphic image, typically used in connection with cookies, that is placed on a website or in an email message. A clear GIF can monitor certain user behavior, such as your usage of the website, whether you opened an email message, or whether you clicked on a URL in an email message.
While we do not collect PII automatically, if you do provide PII, we may associate that information with the information that is collect automatically.
Collecting and analyzing this information allows us to determine the most and least popular sections of the website, the times and dates that the site is most visited, and the geographic areas in which our visitors live. We use this information to improve our site and to make decisions about when to perform maintenance and upgrades.
Any email sent to Bitcoin Market Insider will contain the email address of the sender. Bitcoin Market Insider will store the names and email addresses of users along with the content of the email (which may contain additional PII) in order to correspond with the sender and/or to inform the sender of promotions, offers, or announcements. Once received, reasonable measures will be taken to protect the PII contained therein.
ADDITIONAL NOTICES TO CHILDREN UNDER 13 YEARS OF AGE AND THEIR PARENTS/GUARDIANS
We urge parents and guardians to explain Internet safety to their children.
We may collect a child’s name, address, telephone number, hobbies, gender, birthdate or age, email address, and/or any other information reasonably necessary for the child to participate in particular activities on our site, including but not limited to contests, games, email newsletter subscriptions and communications with us.
If you are under 13 years of age, you should not provide any Personally Identifiable Information (for example, your last name, home address or email address) (PII) on this site without the knowledge and permission of your parent or guardian. If we learn that you are under 13 years of age, we will not maintain or use any PII about you without the verifiable consent of your parent or guardian or as allowed by law. This means that you may be unable to participate in certain activities on our site. We are prohibited from conditioning a child’s participation in an activity on the child’s disclosing more PII than is reasonably necessary to participate in such activity.
Parental consent is not required, and we will not contact the child’s parent or guardian if:
- We collect a child’s or parent’s email address to provide notice and seek consent;
- We collect an email address to respond to a one-time request from a child and then delete it;
- We collect an email address to respond more than once to a specific request – say, for a subscription to a newsletter. In this case, we must notify the parent that it is communicating regularly with the child and give the parent the opportunity to stop the communication before sending or delivering a second communication to a child;
- We collect a child’s name or online contact information to protect the safety of a child who is participating on the site. In this case, we must notify the parent and give him/her the opportunity to prevent further use of the information;
- We collect a child’s name or online contact information to protect the security or liability of the site or to respond to law enforcement, if necessary, and do not use it for any other purpose.
If a child under 13 years of age wishes to participate in activities on our site, please note the following:
(i) The names, addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses of the operators collecting or maintaining personal information from children through this site are: [email protected]
(ii) The information collected may be used for purposes such as fulfillment of a requested transaction, recordkeeping, followup support or marketing. If we change the kinds of information we collect, how we use the offer or offer it to new/different third parties, we will seek parental consent.
(iii) A parent can review and have deleted the child’s PII, can refuse to permit further collection or use of the child’s PII and can revoke or limit consents previously given. For information on how to do so, please send an email to [email protected]
Except as otherwise permitted by law, where we are knowingly collecting children’s PII, the child will be asked to provide his/her parent’s or guardian’s email address so that we can contact the child’s parent or guardian before any collection of the child’s PII. We will then send an email to the parent/guardian indicating, among other things, the information that the child is requested to provide, the intended use(s) of the information and information on how the parent/guardian can, at their election, delete the child’s information from our database or records, as well as a link to access this privacy statement. Upon receipt of such notice, a parent or guardian may respond to us granting or denying his/her consent. If consent is denied, we will delete the parent or guardian’s email address and any other PII, if any, previously obtained for securing parental consent. Upon our receipt of parent/guardian consent, we will send a confirming email to the parent/guardian’s email address or take such other action as may be required to verify the consent. The child’s PII will not be disclosed to third parties other than those who provide support for the internal operations of our website. Parents can revoke a prior consent at any time. We will send a new notice and request for consent if there are material changes made in the collection, use or disclosure practices to which the parent/guardian had previously agreed.
We may collect a child’s PII to the extent reasonably necessary to protect the security of this site, to protect against liability or as required or permitted by law. Information collected for these reasons will not be used for any other purpose.
We will never knowingly share a child’s PII with a third party for the purpose of permitting that third party to send the child information about their products or services.
If you would like to contact Bitcoin Market Insider concerning your privacy and the use of our website, please contact us: [email protected]
By using this website, you accept the terms of this policy. If you do not accept the terms of this policy, you should refrain from using the Bitcoin Market Insider website. This statement may, in Bitcoin Market Insider’s sole discretion, be modified periodically, so you should review this privacy statement on a regular basis. Your continued use of theBitcoin Market Insider’s website signifies that you continue to accept the terms of this statement, as revised from time to time.